Senator Cosmopolite 1-89-02-05-02-64 - Glashütte Original
Travel companion in stainless steel
The ideal travel companion appears with a fresh, powerful look. Its stainless steel case is perfectly polished/satin-brushed and has a diameter of 44 mm. This masterpiece is fitted with a deep blue Louisiana alligator leather strap, a blue or grey synthetic fabric strap, or a stainless steel bracelet with fine adjustment mechanism.
Globetrotters wearing the Senator Cosmopolite are optimally equipped for their travels. The central hour and minute hands on the dial show the local time at destination, while the home time is easily read from the auxiliary dial at 12 o’clock. Here, too, are the useful day/night indicator and the cleverly integrated power reserve display. The small seconds, the day/night indicator for the destination time and the signature Panorama Date complete the clear design.
Even in daylight, the hour and minute hands appear in high contrast to the galvanic blue dial with its sunray finish. Equally easy to read are the printed white numerals, markings and lettering on the various displays. The timepiece reveals all its charm under difficult lighting conditions: the central hands and the hour indexes are inlaid with white Super-LumiNova®.
Destination colour codes
This watch’s time zone ring offers a choice of 35 world time zones. The 24 time zones that diverge from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) in full hour increments are displayed using a white IATA code. A further eight time zones with ½-hour differences and the remaining time zones with ¾ hour offsets are represented in light blue IATA codes. The two dial windows at 8 o’clock permit one to set summer or winter time (Daylight Saving Time – DST / Standard Time – STD).
- Home time in hours and minutes (off-centre, 12-hour display)
- Second time zone (local time) with hours and minutes
- Time zone mechanism, can be switched to all current time zones, including ½ hour and ¾ hour differences
- Summer/standard time
- Panorama Date
- Small second
- Second stop
- Day/night indicator (home time)
- Local time day/night display
- Power reserve display
- Galvanized blue
- Surface with sunburst decoration
- Indices applied with Super-LumiNova® substance
- White Panorama Date on blue background
- Glashütte three-quarter plate with stripe finish
- Regulator-free fine agjustment calibre 89-02
- Skeletonized rotor (off-centre) with double-G symbol and 21-carat gold oscillation weight
- Bevelled edges
- Polished steel parts
- Screws polished/blued