Senator Cosmopolite 1-89-02-03-02-64 - Glashütte Original
Globetrotter in stainless steel
This sophisticated timepiece with a second time zone is presented in a minimalistic design; its stainless steel case is part satin-brushed and part polished to a high gloss. The Senator Cosmopolite has a diameter of 44 mm and is fitted with a deep blue Louisiana alligator leather strap or a blue or grey synthetic fabric strap. The sapphire crystal case back offers clear views of the automatic movement’s elaborate decorative finishes and traditional features of Glashütte watchmaking.
Colour coding of destinations
The Senator Cosmopolite displays the time of day in two time zones at once, with a time zone ring offering a choice of 35 world time zones. Black IATA codes indicate the 24 time zones that deviate from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) in full hour increments. Blue codes represent the eight time zones that diverge from GMT in ½ hour steps, and red codes denote time zones with ¾ hour deviations. This colour coding makes it possible to recognize the offset from GMT at a glance.
Matt white dial
Dark blue printed Arabic numerals and blue appliques stand out clearly against the lacquered matt white dial. Central blued minute and hour hands are complemented by a small second and the Panorama Date. The separate display of the home time is combined with an exceptionally helpful day/night indicator and power reserve display. The two auxiliary dials are circumscribed by a brilliant silver thread.
Hidden within the Calibre 89-02 manufacture movement is an intelligent mechanism that beats at 4 Hz, which draws its energy from an off-centre rotor and has a power reserve of at least 72 hours. The automatic movement’s finely finished surfaces, numerous details and characteristic Glashütte three-quarter plate can be observed through the anti-reflective sapphire crystal case back.
- Home time in hours and minutes (off-centre, 12-hour display)
- Second time zone (local time) with hours and minutes
- Time zone mechanism, can be switched to all current time zones, including ½ hour and ¾ hour differences
- Summer/standard time
- Panorama Date
- Small second
- Second stop
- Day/night indicator (home time)
- Local time day/night display
- Power reserve display
- Varnish white
- Surface fine matt
- Indices applied
- Printed scales and numerals
- Black Panorama Date on white background
- Glashütte three-quarter plate with stripe finish
- Regulator-free fine agjustment calibre 89-02
- Skeletonized rotor (off-centre) with double-G symbol and 21-carat gold oscillation weight
- Bevelled edges
- Polished steel parts
- Screws polished/blued